You will be given an opportunity to review this product-specific information before enabling these features. You also can view this information at any time, either in Settings related to those features and/or online at Lava.com/legal/privacy.
What Is Personal Data at Lava?
At Lava, we believe strongly in fundamental privacy rights - and that those fundamental rights should not differ depending on where you live in the world. That's why we treat any data that relates to an identified or identifiable individual or that is linked or linkable to them by Lava as "personal data," no matter where the individual lives. This means that data that directly identifies you - such as your name, email address, residential address, phone number, photograph and other information collected by specific services/products - is personal data, and also data that does not directly identify you, but that can reasonably be used to identify you - such as the serial number of your device, IP address, login id, email address, password, devise connection information, transaction history, date, time and duration of session etc. (collectively referred as 'personal data').
Your Privacy Rights at Lava
At Lava, we respect your ability to know, access, correct, transfer, restrict the processing of, and delete your personal data. We have provided these rights to our global customer base and if you choose to exercise these privacy rights, you have the right not to be treated in a discriminatory way nor to receive a lesser degree of service from Lava. Lava does not sell your data to any individual or entity.
To exercise your privacy rights and choices, visit the Lava website at www.lavamobiles.com .
There may be situations where we cannot grant your request - for example, if you ask us to delete your transaction data and Lava is legally obligated to keep a record of that transaction to comply with law. We may also decline to grant a request where doing so would undermine our legitimate use of data for anti-fraud and security purposes, such as when you request deletion of an account that is being investigated for security concerns. Other reasons your privacy request may be denied are if it jeopardizes the privacy of others, is frivolous or vexatious, or would be extremely impractical.
Personal Data Lava Collects from You
At Lava, we believe that you can have great products and great privacy. This means that we strive to collect only the personal data that we need. The personal data Lava collects depends on how you interact with Lava.
When you create an ID, apply for commercial credit, purchase and/or activate a product or device, download a software update, register for a class, connect to our services, contact us (including by social media), participate in an online survey, or otherwise interact with Lava, we may collect a variety of information, including:
- Account Information. Your ID and related account details, including email address, devices registered, account status, and age
- Device Information. Data from which your device could be identified, such as device serial number, or about your device, such as browser type
- Contact Information. Data such as name, email address, physical address, phone number, or other contact information
- Payment Information. Data about your billing address and method of payment, such as bank details, credit, debit, or other payment card information
- Transaction Information. Data about purchases of Lava products and services or transactions facilitated by Lava, including purchases on Lava platforms
- Fraud Prevention Information. Data used to help identify and prevent fraud, including a device trust score
- Usage Data. Data about your activity on and use of our offerings, such as app launches within our services, including browsing history; search history; product interaction; crash data, performance and other diagnostic data; and other usage data
- Health Information. Data relating to the health status of an individual, including data related to one's physical or mental health or condition. Personal health data also includes data that can be used to make inferences about or detect the health status of an individual.
- Government ID Data. In certain jurisdictions, we may ask for a government-issued ID in limited circumstances, including when setting up a wireless account and activating your device, for the purpose of extending commercial credit, managing reservations, or as required by law
- Other Information You Provide to Us. Details such as the content of your communications with Lava, including interactions with customer support and contacts through social media channels
You are not required to provide the personal data that we have requested. However, if you choose not to do so, in many cases we will not be able to provide you with our products or services or respond to requests you may have.
Personal Data Lava Receives from Other Sources
Lava may receive personal data about you from other individuals, from businesses or third parties acting at your direction, from our partners who work with us to provide our products and services and assist us in security and fraud prevention, and from other lawful sources.
- Individuals. Lava may collect data about you from other individuals - for example, if that individual has sent you a product or gift card, invited you to participate in an Lava service or forum, or shared content with you.
- At Your Direction. You may direct other individuals or third parties to share data with Lava. For example, you may direct your mobile carrier to share data about your carrier account with Lava for account activation, or for your loyalty program to share information about your participation so that you can earn rewards for Lava purchases.
Lava's Use of Personal Data
Lava uses personal data to power our services, to process your transactions, to communicate with you, for security and fraud prevention, and to comply with law. We may also use personal data for other purposes with your consent.
Lava uses your personal data only when we have a valid legal basis to do so. Depending on the circumstance, Lava may rely on your consent or the fact that the processing is necessary to fulfill a contract with you, protect your vital interests or those of other persons, or to comply with law. We may also process your personal data where we believe it is in our or others' legitimate interests, taking into consideration your interests, rights, and expectations.
- Process Your Transactions. To process transactions, Lava must collect data such as your name, purchase, and payment information.
- Communicate with You. To respond to communications, reach out to you about your transactions or account, market our products and services, provide other relevant information, or request information or feedback. From time to time, we may use your personal data to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with Lava, you may not opt out of receiving these important notices.
- Security and Fraud Prevention. To protect individuals, employees, and Lava and for loss prevention and to prevent fraud, including to protect individuals, employees, and Lava for the benefit of all our users, and prescreening or scanning uploaded content for potentially illegal content.
- Comply with Law. To comply with applicable law - for example, to satisfy tax or reporting obligations, or to comply with a lawful governmental request.
Lava does not use algorithms or profiling to make any decision that would significantly affect you without the opportunity for human review.
Protection of Personal Data at Lava
At Lava, we believe that great privacy rests on great security. We use administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your personal data, taking into account the nature of the personal data and the processing, and the threats posed. We are constantly working to improve on these safeguards to help keep your personal data secure. However, any such safeguards cannot eliminate security risks. Lava endeavours to take all measures to protect the security, integrity and confidentiality of the personal data against unauthorized breach and hacking. However, Lava cannot ensure or warrant a 100% security of the personal data. Lava will not be responsible or liable in any manner whatsoever, for any unauthorised access of use of the personal data.
The user is solely responsible for the activities that occur under the user's account including the confidentiality of the user's password and Lava is not responsible for the same. While using and accessing the product/service, the user is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the user's account and for restricting access to the user's computer or other system or equipment through which the user uses and accesses the service/product.
Notwithstanding anything contained in this Policy or elsewhere, Lava shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage or misuse of the personal data, if such loss, damage or misuse is attributable to a Force Majeure Event. A "Force Majeure Event" means any event that is beyond the reasonable control of Lava and includes, without limitation, fire, flood, explosion, acts of God, civil commotion, strikes, lock outs or industrial action of any kind, riots, insurrection, war, acts of government, power failure, sabotage, computer hacking, unauthorised access to computer data and storage device, system failure, virus, attacks, bugs, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption.
Third Party Websites And Links
Based on the personal data including the nature of products purchased by the user, Lava may display personalized third party advertisements on the Website. When the user clicks on the advertisement link, the third party advertisers may assume that the user has met the criteria that was used to personalize the advertisement. The user acknowledges and agrees that in no event Lava is responsible to the user accessing the services of third party advertisers or other websites.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Lava's websites, online services, interactive applications, email messages, and advertisements may use "cookies" and other technologies. These technologies help us to better understand user behavior including for security and fraud prevention purposes, tell us which parts of our websites people have visited, and facilitate and measure the effectiveness of advertisements and web searches.
- Communications Cookies. These cookies are used to enable network traffic to and from Lava's systems, including by helping us detect any errors.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are set as required to provide a specific feature or service that you have accessed or requested. For example, they allow us to display our websites in the proper format and language, to authenticate and verify your transactions, and to preserve the contents of your Bag when shopping online at Lava.com.
- Other Cookies. These cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with our websites and online services, including by helping us to assess the effectiveness of advertisements and web searches. Lava also uses these cookies to remember choices you make while browsing, so we can provide you with a customized experience.
In addition to cookies, Lava uses other technologies that help us achieve similar objectives.
In some email messages Lava sends to you, we provide a "click-through URL" that links you to content on the Lava website. When you click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure whether we are communicating with you effectively. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click graphic or text links in email messages.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal data is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to Lava employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
The personal data resides in Lava's database for a certain period of time even after the user ceases to use or access the product/service and in such cases Lava is not be liable for any usage of the personal data after the user ceases to use or access the Website.
The Users agree and acknowledge that personal data collated through the product/service could be stored and processed in any other country across the world. The users acknowledge that for effective provision of Lava's products/services in respective territories including territories outside India, the personal data may be stored or processed by trusted third parties. Whenever the personal data is shared with trusted third parties in countries outside India, Lava endeavours that the personal data is transferred in accordance with the applicable laws of India.
The user should be aware that the User Information or other data, the user provides to Lava could be read, collected, or used by other users or third parties in which case the personal data might be used for sending unsolicited messages or communications for which Lava is not responsible.
The user agrees and acknowledges Lava's right to utilize the user's posts, contents, information and other personal data for the purpose of providing services through the Website. The contents on the Website may contain comments, post and reviews posted by the users which may be public and searchable on the internet in which case the user's comments, post reviews and information and personal data provided to the Website may be viewed by other users and Lava cannot guarantee that other users or third parties have not made copies of or used the ideas and information that the user has shared on the Website.
Name: Kushal Singh Chauhan
Phone number: +91 120 4637100
Address: A-56, Sector 64, Noida, Gautam Budh Nagar, Uttar Pradesh - 201301
You can also ask us questions about how to submit a privacy complaint and we will endeavor to help.
Lava takes your privacy questions seriously. A dedicated team reviews your inquiry to determine how best to respond to your question or concern, including those inquiries received in response to an access or download request. In most cases, all substantive contacts receive a response within seven days. In other cases, we may require additional information or let you know that we need more time to respond.
Where your complaint indicates an improvement could be made in our handling of privacy issues, we will take steps to make such an update at the next reasonable opportunity. In the event that a privacy issue has resulted in a negative impact on you or another person, we will take steps to address that with you or that other person.
Governing Law And Jurisdiction
The terms and conditions of this Policy shall be governed by Indian Law and the courts in New Delhi shall only have exclusive jurisdiction to resolve any disputes.